Monday, October 30, 2017

In My Thoughts Anemones Card

I just received my order with my stamps from The Ton, and couldn't wait to use them.  I've been drooling over this anemones set for a while now, and finally have it.  So, today's card....
 Stamps:  Fresh Cut Anemones - The Ton
                Verse - Thoughtful Poppies - The Ton
                Various background stamps- unknown
Stencil:  Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi - dots & stripes borders
Inks:  Tim Holtz distress inks
Tools:  Misti, Clarity stencil brushes, distress applicators

I started with a pale pink A2 card.  On a panel slightly smaller, I created a row of stripes along the left side, using my Clarity brushes and distress ink.  

On a light pink card stock panel cut slightly smaller than the card front, I stamped the vase from the Fresh Cut Anemones set.  I did not ink up the bottom portion of the vase.  I used the same distress marker color to draw the bottom for the mug, and added a hand-drawn handle, then colored the mug.  I sponged a background, and added some background stamping with a script and flourish stamp.  These are stamps that I have had in my stash forever, unmounted, so I do not know who they are.

On watercolor paper, I stamped and water colored the anemones and leaves.  Then I fussy-cut them, and arranged them in the mug.  I added the verse, and some pearls from Want 2 Scrap.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

The Ton Challenge  - Mood board inspiration












Simon Says Wednesday Challenge -
Anything goes

Less Is More Challenge - Stamp layering

Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper Challenge - Case one of this week's featured stamper's cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  

Blessings,

lynda




6 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda! No wonder you've been wanting those anemone stamps -those blooms are gorgeous! I also love the color scheme of your card, this is beautiful! At Less Is More we like to see a bit more clean, empty space in the cards in our gallery -we are a clean and simple challenge blog and although your card is absolutely stunning it lacks a bit of CAS-ness. :) No worries though, very happy to visit your blog, I love the layout and all the details of your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Lynda, I love the subtle script in the background! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card with brilliant use of stamp layering. Those blooms definitely POP! The patterned background is perhaps a little busy for a CAS card at Less is More as we love to see 'clean, white, unpatterned' space on our entries but thanks so much for sharing your card with us this week. Sarah LIM DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card ! A lot of work here with your design ! Your anemones are gorgeous ! As a clean and simple challenge, we do like to see a large area of clean, unpatterned space on our entries at Less is More. Although your background is beautiful, it maybe a bit busy for CAS. But thanks so much for sharing this beautiful bouquet in our gallery this week !

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty, your coloring is gorgeous! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!