Thursday, January 4, 2018

He Gives Me Strength

It's blustery and frigid, and I am still nursing a sinus infection, so am happy to stay right indoors today.  And what better way to spend the time indoors than in my art room, creating!  Here's my card today.....
This is one of my favorite scripture verses.  The stamp is by Penny Black, in their clear set 'gifts from above' #30-429.  I love the verses in this set, and the mixed scripts really makes them look great!  
The berries are Penny Black, 'berry merry Christmas' #40-346. 

I started with a scrap of vellum, and embossed the verse with white embossing powder.  Using dies from Our Daily Bread Designs, I created the double stitched frame, and adhered it over the verse, leaving some of the vellum for a border.  I used foam mounting tape to attach it to a pink A2 card front.

For the berries, I used my Misty and stamped them onto watercolor paper.  I used TH distress markers to ink the berries, adding watercolor touches between stampings to create shadows and highlights.

When dry, I used the PB coordinating die to cut the berries out, and added them to the card front, using foam tape to adhere them.

It's a pretty simple card.  I decided to keep it clean and not add embellishments.  I wanted to focus to be on the verse.

I am adding my card to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The berries fit the winter theme.  I am also adding it to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge.

And also to the Dies R Us Challenge - anything goes.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are staying warm and keeping safe in the weather, wherever you live.  

Blessings,


 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation Lynda! Hope you are feeling better soon! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us! Be sure to use dies by companies carried at the Dies R Us Store to qualify for the challenge prize. Good Luck and Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, this is a gorgeous card, and I love this verse too! What comfort it brings me as I deal with hard stuff in life these days, and I praise God that He is my strength and stronghold. Sending warm and loving hugs your way, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS, Lynda. I love the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I hope you will join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

  4. Beautiful creation, Lynda! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Lynda. I love the berries. Just an amazing card.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!